This prayer will help you start a conversation with the Lord about where you are and how you feel. As you seek His heart, He will begin to shift your perspective from one of impossibility and frustration to realize that He is on His throne and He is able to bring change in your circumstances to break the power of fear and hopelessness.
Take some time to draw aside from the busy traffic of life and allow the Lord to meet you and touch you. Assume a posture of resting with an attitude of reverent worship and thankfulness. Bring hopeful expectancy that as you engage the Lord, He will hear you and He will move on your behalf.
Before praying, take a few moments to meditate on the following scripture passages:
- “Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.” (Deuteronomy 31:6 NKJV)
- “I WAITED patiently and expectantly for the Lord; and He inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up out of a horrible pit [a pit of tumult and of destruction], out of the miry clay (froth and slime), and set my feet upon a rock, steadying my steps and establishing my goings. And He has put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many shall see and fear (revere and worship) and put their trust and confident reliance in the Lord.” (Psalm 40:1-3 Amplified)
- “Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life. You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes; with your right hand you save me. The LORD will vindicate me; your love, LORD, endures forever—do not abandon the works of your hands.” (Psalm 138:7-8 NIV)
- “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” (Prov. 3:5 NIV)
- “But in that coming day no weapon turned against you will succeed. You will silence every voice raised up to accuse you. These benefits are enjoyed by the servants of the LORD; their vindication will come from me. I, the LORD, have spoken!” (Isaiah 54:17 NLT)
- “So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God’s Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, “Abba, Father.” For his Spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God’s children. And since we are his children, we are his heirs. In fact, together with Christ, we are heirs of God’s glory. But if we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering.” (Rom. 8:15-17 NLT)
- “It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.” (Gal. 5:1 NIV)
- “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” (Philippians 4:13 NKJV)
Thank You, God, for Your ever-present nearness, even when I cannot feel it. My heart knows that You are faithful even though it feels like everything is coming crashing in around me.
I need Your help. It seems as though I will be overcome by the difficulties surrounding me. I don’t know how I am going to make it through this difficult season. Come and intervene in my life.
My anxiety consumes all of my peace. The pressures and stresses weigh heavily upon. I need relief from them. I recognize that I have two choices before me. I can bear this burden alone and try my best to make it through this challenging season. Or, I can run into Your arms and seek Your safety. Help me make a better choice.
Give me the courage to believe in Your goodness and Your provision for my life. Help me not to fear. I want to embrace peace despite the difficulties. I do not want to give in to the temptation to fear any longer. I’m coming to You to make an exchange. I want to give You my fears and anxieties and trade them in for Your perfect peace.
I believe that You love me and that You want to help me. Although I don’t see any way out of this situation, I believe that You have the ability to do so. I trust that You are good and that You desire to come to my aide.
I’m asking You to come and intervene in my circumstances. I recognize that my timing is not Yours. Help me to wait upon You. Help me to not take things into my own hands, but to give You the time and opportunity to come through on my behalf.
I give You permission to come and do whatever is required in my life to bring the breakthrough I need. I understand that in order for You to bring about Your good plans, it often requires You to undo certain things that have already been done. I give You permission to do whatever is needed. I declare that I will not bring accusations against You if You need to bring other short-term difficulties to bear on the circumstances in order to bring long-term life and restoration. I will trust in Your faithfulness and Your unconditional goodness.
Help me to rest in You. Help me to let go of all of the things that I can do nothing about anything and simply rest as I wait for You to come and save me. I know that You will not allow me to be overcome so long as I am waiting on You. You will bring deliverance and victory in Your perfect timing.
Give me all of the faith I need to rest in You despite all of the pressures that are brought to bear upon me. I need the patience to wait for Your salvation. Give me Your peace that transcends all of the sufferings of life. Let me walk through this difficult season in Your embrace so that when You bring me into a new season of greater life, I will be able to enjoy it fully (with the awareness of Your absolute faithfulness and goodness).
I rejoice in who You are. I thank You for being so good to me. Thank You that You have not allowed my circumstances to destroy me and that Your salvation is just over the horizon. Thank You for Your unfailing love and kindness.
In Jesus’ name, I pray, Amen.
Photo by Nik Shuliahin on Unsplash
Additional Resources I Recommend and Hand-picked on this Topic
To give you the best user experience possible, I have not used any form of advertising (or accepted any form of a donation) since I started this work in 1994. If you wish to support my ongoing work of developing free spiritual life resources, consider purchasing one of the products listed below that I hand-selected on this topic to help you grow deeper in your journey with Christ. You will not be charged anything above the normal Amazon price, but I will receive a small fee for all Amazon purchases made using the affiliate links below. Thanks so much for making possible this work I so thoroughly enjoy of creating resources to help mature people into the fullness of the image and likeness of Jesus!
No products found.
No products found.
How helpful was this resource?
No comment yet, add your voice below!