To state the obvious, we are in a shaking season. The Lord is shaking within us those things that can be shaken. In God’s economy, moments arrive where everything that can be shaken must be shaken. His purpose is to expose areas in us where we are operating in self-strength instead of resting in His. Those areas where we are abiding in the completed work of Jesus will not be shaken because nothing abiding in the Rock can be shaken. What is resting in Christ only settles deeper in Him when it is shaken. Everything else, however, can be shaken and must, periodically, be shaken.
When the dealings of God shake anything dwelling outside of Christ, its foundations will be proven inadequate. Any strength outside of Christ is a counterfeit strength – a faulty foundation. Everything built on any other foundation than Christ will not weather the seasons of shaking.
As you feel the increase of shakings and you feel a sense of panic rising within you because the shakings are making you uncomfortable and restless, realize that the Lord’s dealings are producing what you most need to understand in this season. He is revealing what is at work within you whose source is not Him. These things will keep you from experiencing His fullness and from entering into the greater measure of His anointing that He wants you to occupy in this new season. This is the season to let the faulty foundations give way and collapse under their own weight.
Do not miss out on what God’s shakings are exposing because if you are not alert and if you do not address these exposed anti-Christ spirits operating in you in a thorough, biblical manner, you will experience setbacks and loss moving forward. You must go to war to win these areas of your heart back to the Lordship of Christ and to the purity of your devotion to Him. The measure to which you do so will determine the measure of God’s Kingdom you operate in for years to come. Take this time seriously so that you do not miss out.
So, how do you respond to this season of God’s shakings?
- Thanksgiving – “God, thank You for what Your shakings are producing in my life!”
- Agreement – “Lord, I agree with what Your shakings are exposing in my life. I do not want to operate out of any form of self-strength or self-life. I choose life, not death.”
- Confession – “I confess that I have placed self upon the throne in areas of my life. I have been operating out of self-reliance and it has produced poverty, loss, and death in my life. I have mixture operating in me that is contrary to Your ways and that resist the greater establishment of Your Kingdom in and through my life.”
- Repentance – “I repent and change my mind. I realign myself in accordance with Your revelation and wisdom. I return to You with my whole heart.”
- Partnership – “I choose to partner with You to allow Your Holy Spirit to set me free in every area of my life that You are touching in this season. I partner with You to buy pure gold.”
- Revelation – “Give me revelation about the steps I need to take to effectively battle these areas and reclaim them back as territory devoted entirely to the Lordship of Christ and to His eternal Kingdom.”
- Diligence – “Lord, give me the bull-dogged determination to faithfully walk out every step in Your biblical process to be made whole and restored back into unity and oneness with Christ. Thank You Lord for Your faithfulness as demonstrated in every area of my life.”
“For you have not come to a mountain that can be touched and to a blazing fire, and to darkness and gloom and whirlwind, and to the blast of a trumpet and the sound of words which sound was such that those who heard begged that no further word be spoken to them. For they could not bear the command, “IF EVEN A BEAST TOUCHES THE MOUNTAIN, IT WILL BE STONED.” And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, “I AM FULL OF FEAR and trembling.” But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels, to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the Judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks better than the blood of Abel.
See to it that you do not refuse Him who is speaking. For if those did not escape when they refused him who warned them on earth, much less will we escape who turn away from Him who warns from heaven. And His voice shook the earth then, but now He has promised, saying, “YET ONCE MORE I WILL SHAKE NOT ONLY THE EARTH, BUT ALSO THE HEAVEN.” This expression, “Yet once more,” denotes the removing of those things which can be shaken, as of created things, so that those things which cannot be shaken may remain. Therefore, since we receive a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us show gratitude, by which we may offer to God an acceptable service with reverence and awe;”. (Hebrews 12:18-28 NASB)
Additional Resources I Recommend and Hand-picked on this Topic
To give you the best user experience possible, I have not used any form of advertising (or accepted any form of a donation) since I started this work in 1994. If you wish to support my ongoing work of developing free spiritual life resources, consider purchasing one of the products listed below that I hand-selected on this topic to help you grow deeper in your journey with Christ. You will not be charged anything above the normal Amazon price, but I will receive a small fee for all Amazon purchases made using the affiliate links below. Thanks so much for making possible this work I so thoroughly enjoy of creating resources to help mature people into the fullness of the image and likeness of Jesus!
No products found.
No products found.